Bananas are great in smoothies as they add sweetness and thickness. You have probably had ripe bananas in smoothies many times.
But have you had banana flour in a smoothie yet? If you haven’t, then you really should try it.
Banana flour is made from green unripe bananas and is very healthy and has zero sugar and few calories compared to ripe bananas.
It is a great sugar free way to thicken a smoothie. Just add 2 tablespoons of flour to your smoothie ingredients and blitz!
For quick and easy recipes for mango and passion fruit smoothie see below. I am sure you will love them.
This smoothie will bring a bit of the sunny tropics into your kitchen! I use coconut milk but you can use any other milk of your choice.
• 1 mango (very ripe)
• 2 passion fruits
• 250ml coconut milk (or other milk of your choice)
• 2 tbsp banana flour
• a little sugar (optional)
• Peel the mango and cut the flesh into chunks and add these to a blender
• Cut the passion fruit in half on a chopping board and scoop out the seeds and pulp and any juice. It may not seem like much but a little goes a long way with passion fruit. Put a sieve over a bowl and pour the passion fruit pulp into the sieve. Then using the back of a spoon push the juice through the sieve then discard the seeds. But if you like you can save the seeds and use them to decorate the top of your smoothie. They are nice and crunchy.
• Then I add the juice from the passion fruit into the blender along with the flour and milk
• Blitz everything on full power until it is all smooth.
• Mangoes are very sweet so most people will not need to sweeten this smoothie but if you like yours sweeter add a little sugar to your taste, blitz once more and serve
This is really good and really subtle flavoured. You will love this smoothie
• 150g blueberries
• 250ml milk
• 2 tablespoons of banana flour
• 2 tsp of runny honey/ sugar
This is really easy to make.
Just put the blueberries, milk and flour into the blender and blitz
Add the honey or sugar to sweeten it to your taste
I like to reserve a few blueberries to put on top of the smoothie. They add an interesting texture
Serve and Enjoy
Note: You can use fresh or frozen blueberries
As you can see from the recipes above, banana smoothie recipes are all pretty easy to make. And you can make them healthier by adding green banana flour